About Me

My photo
i believe strongly in my dreams. my family, friends bring happiness to my life and complete me.

Saturday 23 April 2011



Am I a Shopaholic??

I was passing through a lane; I saw a pretty dress,
It was just for me, with my name and address,
Pretty pink flowers and yellow border,
I thought it was made by God just as per my order,

I went inside; it was a beautiful store,
I bought the dress, as I couldn’t ignore,
The dress was so special, not to wear on regular days,
I needed some other stuff too, as special dress had to look special any which ways..

So I went ahead to buy some pretty shoes,
I bought four of them as it was soo difficult which one to choose,
Every shop was calling me... Everyone was helpful,
Everybody knew the dress was so special, and shopping for it was so stressful,

I roamed for three hours and then I was very happy,
I bought everything, which was chic and snappy,
The world became perfect, as I bought all those things
There was happiness all around, and I was flying with my imaginary wings

I came home and dad was already there
He gave me a look by looking at my bags and believe me that was rare..
He was calm and composed, that freaked me out even more,
He asked about the occasion, for which he believed I shopped for sure..

I said I loved the dress and it is priceless..
He said you spent lot of price and you are useless..
You are becoming shopaholic and have no value of money
I didn’t understand a word of it, was he trying to be funny??

The world was happy while i was shopping,
the shop and shopkeepers were happy while i was shopping...
I have been taught to make other people happy
And now he is saying exactly opposite which is crappy
Shopaholic and me? I don’t think so
I just do my bit for the world and let the happiness flow..
- Shopaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment